Chicken and Quinoa Salad with Citrus Honey DressingIngredients:
- ½ a cup of Bean shoots or salad sprouts
- 1 cup rocket, washed and dried
- 50g Goats cheese
- ¼ cup silvered almonds
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Chicken breasts, poached
- 1 & 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- Mango, sliced into long slices
- Sprinkle of black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Add rocket, quinoa, almonds, tomato d goats cheese to bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add dressing ingredients and stir.
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions. Poach chicken in large saucepan, on a medium – high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer, add chicken, cook covered for 15 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Stand chicken in liquid for 5 minutes. Remove from water, slice into 2cm cubes.
- Add chicken to rest of salad ingredients, top with mango slices, salad sprouts or bean shoots, sprinkle with seseme seeds. Serve then add dressing.
- Serves 1-2.
Recipe: Claire George, Naturopath