Looking for more summer meal inspiration? Smokey beef tacos are your answer! This quirky take on a Mexican classic will keep your taste buds humming!
Served with a summer salsa, these tacos are perfect for the warm weather. They’re best whipped up on the barbecue. The recipe makes six servings and each packs in 30 grams of carbs and 30 grams of protein, so you’ll be getting all the macronutrients you need.
Take a look at the ingredients and instructions below!
For the smokey beef tacos
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Fountain Spicy Red Sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 800g lean beef rump steak
- Soft gluten-free tortillas, warmed up to serve
- Lime wedges to serves
For the fruit salsa
- 1/2 small pineapple, finely chopped
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 250g punnet of strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- Preheat your barbecue grill or chargrill pan on high heat and spray it with oil. Combine the space and paprika in a large glass or bowl. Add the steak and mix it all around to coat. Season it.
- Cook the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked to your taste. Transfer it to a plate and cover it foil so it can rest.
- Make the fruit salsa by placing the pineapple, cucumber, strawberries, mint and shallows into a mixing bowl. Stir gently until the ingredients are combined.
- Thinly slice the steak. Serve the chopped up meat with the salsa and the warm tortillas. Be sure to drizzle a little extra spice on top, and to add a squeeze of lime juice!
We saved the best news till last. The smokey beef tacos should take you about twenty minutes to make. They’re super easy as well as super tasty.
Happy cooking, folks!
[Recipe and image via www.taste.com.au ]