Mushroom, Pumpkin & Walnut Salad Recipe
Is there anything better than summer days and a fresh salad? We’re big fans of indulging in the warmer weather and spending less time in the kitchen and more time embracing the outdoors, and what better way to do that then chucking together a delicious salad?
As the weather heats up, we’re aiming to avoid warm meals and introduce more fresh salads. Not only are salads a healthy and light option, they’re delicious too! Try this healthy mushroom and pumpkin salad packed with nutrients for those warmer days and nights.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1kg pumpkin (cut into 1cm slices)
- 8 large mushrooms (sliced)
- 300g baby spinach
- 250g walnut pieces
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Extra oil and lemon juice to dress
- In a shallow dish, layer the pumpkin and mushroom slices.
- In a small bowl mix the 1/2 cup of olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp cumin, salt, and pepper together. Stir to combine and pour over the already prepared pumpkin and mushrooms.
- Set aside this combination for half an hour or longer for more flavourful vegetables (the more flavour, the better!)
- Preheat your barbecue or grill, on a medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and pumpkin dish and cook, turning frequently. Cook mushrooms for 2-3 minutes or until tender and cook pumpkin for 5-7 minutes or until tender also.
- Set vegetables aside for 5 minutes to rest and cool.
- Arrange spinach, walnuts, and vegetables to serve and finally, dress with remaining oil and lemon juice.
- Enjoy your tasty salad!
This delicious recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Serves 4.